Re: FV3k - what to use?

Es schrieb Geoff Shang:

> Hi:
>
> I have a FlyVideo 3000 listed as follows:
>
> 00:0f.0 Multimedia controller: Philips Semiconductors: Unknown device 7134
> (rev
> 01)
>         Subsystem: Unknown device 5168:0138
>         Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr-
> Stepping- SERR- FastB2B-
>
> I am currently running kernel 2.4.21 but am happy to upgrade to the latest
> 2.4.x kernel.  I am a blind person so I'm not at all concerned with picture
> quality.  I'm also not hugely bothered about whether or not I can get the
> OSS device working, as I use ALSA and getting the OSS driver for the
> SAA7134 and ALSA to play ball looks like a losing battle to me.  All I want
> is to be able to get the sound of the TV signal to come out of the output
> connector on the card.  If I can get the OSS device to work, then so much
> the better.
>
> I've seen discussion on here about which versions of V4L2 and SAA7134
> drivers to use, but I'm not overly clear on what's best right now.  Is the
> latest code the best or should I use an August snapshot as recommended by
> someone on here?
>
> The other thing I'm not clear on is which modules need to be loaded.  I
> realise you need to load the I2C stuff and the video-dev modules, but I'm a
> bit stuck after that.  Do you load just the SAA7134 and tuner modules for
> this card, or do I need to load either or both of the TDA9887 and tvaudio
> modules as well?  I've not been able to figure this out from the limited
> documentation.
>
> Any help you can provide will be appreciated.

Hi Geoff,

still don't have a 2.4.22, but I see you have no reply yet. Don't worry
to much in advance and take the second patch for the 2.4.22 from
bytesex.org. The saa7134-0.2.8 is reported working on it, but if you
have to do frequency changing in .au you may be hit from the audio bug
on that there. As long as recommended, to try latest code is allways a
good idea and in case it should fail, the last working version can be
found. Except that, all kind of audio should work and you have nothing
to do with tda9887 and tvaudio, especially as your saa7134 FV3K is
autodetected.
(By the way, since yesterday I have an working 2.6.0-test7-bk1 with
kraxelpatch2)

Greetings

Hermann