Re: All-In-Wonder 7500 and mythtv

On Friday, Ron Loxton wrote:

Hi All:

I have an ATI All-in-Wonder 7500 card that I would like to use with the
mythtv project. I seem to be getting conflicting (outdated possibly)
information regarding the use of All-in-wonder cards. The mythTV site
indicates that the GATOS drivers do not implement the full v4l api.

Is this correct? What are the limitations of the All-In-Wonder under linux
(RH9)

Look through the MythTV mailing list archives. You'll find quite a bit of information on the issue there. The long and short of it is that All-in-Wonder cards do NOT work at all with MythTV for video capture. And yes, the problem is that the GATOS drivers don't fully implement v4l (you can get yuv only, which is fine for xawtv, but MythTV needs planar, so MythTV has no way to capture the video stream).

--Jarod

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...