Re: what card to buy

William R Sherman wrote:

Hello,

I have a Linux box with a WinTV-theatre that works great with the bttv
drivers and video4linux.  Now I'm in the market for a new machine, and
I seem to recall a mention on this list how the WinTV cards no longer
use a chipset compatible with Linux drivers.  Is this (still) true?

Either way, what is the current "card-to-buy" for Linux TV capture
and viewing applications?

Lots of people are getting the WinTV PVR-250. I wish I had bought one. Usually about $149 unless you come across a good sale. You want to find a card, if possible that uses the bt878 chip to be safe. See what's available in your price range and post the exact model here or look on google.com/linux, search for "your model of card, v4l, bttv" or something like that.

--
" * Portions Copyright (c) 1995 Caldera, Inc. * Neither Greg Page nor Caldera, Inc. admit liability nor provide * warranty for any of this software. This material is provided * "AS-IS" and at no charge."

Hmmm.