Re: AverMedia AverTV Stereo on Severn

> I've had no problem getting the volume to work on my AverTV Stereo
> except that the audio is lousy under Linux and perfect under Windows
> (not that I use Windows as anything other than a control for determining
> how well my hardware is supported under Linux.)  Basically, the card has
> a cable you connect to an input on your sound board.  You need to use
> something like TkMixer or aumixer to make sure you've selected for
> record the correct input, otherwise you won't hear anything.

Where does the TkMixer or aumixer configuration take effect? I haven't
tried this yet because now I'm not at home, but I my guessing is that
the effect is similar than the "Sound & Video"->"Volume Control" of
RedHat menus. Any guess about if they do the same or where these
wizards write the config?

I'm not familiar with these sound specs, so I understand the "Mute"
option but I don't really know what the "Rec" option is about. Is this
related to recording the sound from the tv to a sound file?

>  As far as the audio quality issue, I've managed to work around it by
> running the audio from my VCR into my soundcard rather than using the
> AverTV Stereo for audio.

May I ask you what config do you have in /etc/modules.conf? Depending
on the parameters in /etc/modules.conf, I find or miss the audio device
of the Avertv in the "Sound & Video"->"Volume Control" of Redhat menus.

Thanks in advance,

Albert