OpenML compliant V4L cards?

Hello,

I've been working with the OpenML cross platform media framework
available at http://www.khronos.org/openml/spec.html

It's a neat alternative to Quicktime and DirectShow, and integrates
neatly with OpenGL graphics as it is an extension to the OpenGL
toolset.

The Linux version has a module that is Video for Linux compatible.
I've been trying to get the example videotogfx program to work with a
Hauppauge WinTV card that works with V4L and xawtv. The card is
recognized by OpenML, but can't seem to supply all of the parameters
that the example program is looking for (ML_VIDEO_HEIGHT_F1_INT32,
etc.)

Has anyone tried and succeeded with a prosumer level video input card
and OpenML? There are a couple of cards listed on the site, but they
are extremely expensive SDI-only cards and none of my equipment is SDI
based.

Thanks,

Eliot