Re: buggy v4l apps (was: VIDIOCSYNC and bad data)

Trent Piepho <xyzzy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I take it you do the format conversion and copying into the mmapped buffer on
> the sync call?  Have you considered doing the format conversion earlier?  Have
> just one bounce buffer for the hardware, and convert the data as soon as the
> hardware buffer is full and an empty mmap buffer is available?

Not that trivial, because doing such processing in the IRQ handler is
a bad idea (would increase IRQ latencies alot).  Doing that in a
kernel thread or something simliar (tasklets?) would be possible and
might help to reduce latencies because SYNC may return instantly
without any processing required.

  Gerd

--
sigfault