Re: Multi-port video card support

On Monday 21 July 2003 13:06, Trey Waters wrote:
> I've found a few cards based off the BT878A chipset, and it looks like
> they should be supported ok as far as the driver goes, but I'm skeptical
> on whether or not each port will have its own /dev/videoN interface.  I've
> tried searching for more info, but can't find any.

On my Linux Media Labs LMLBTM44's all four 878's show up as a separate
/dev/videoN.  So you get (with no other video devices) /dev/video0 through
video3.

> If anyone has a setup working, please share what card/chipset you are
> using, and any tricks you used to get it running.  If you know of any
> howto's, please send me a link.  I'm not looking for
> anything high quality, as I'm just playing around with it.

Linux Media Labs has their LMLBTM44.  It's $400, and has BNC inputs.  It comes
with an expander connection that allows eight total inputs; two per 878.  It
also has an integrated PCI bridge chip, which is how they get four 878's on
one card.

The driver support is interesting.  I have not gotten a good full motion
four-way capture yet; but I'm still tinkering with the compile,
configuration, and settings.  I will report back to the list.

Linux Media Labs provides patches for 2.4.20 for this card, and a patched
version of motion.  You can look at the manual and software online at
linuxmedialabs.com
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology