Multi-port video card support

Hello all:

I am looking at getting a vid-capture card with multiple inputs.  My
only concern thus far is supporting the capture of the multiple streams
simultaneously.  Currently I have multiple capture cards, and would like
to consolidate the job down to one card if possible.

I've found a few cards based off the BT878A chipset, and it looks like
they should be supported ok as far as the driver goes, but I'm skeptical
on whether or not each port will have its own /dev/videoN interface.  I've
tried searching for more info, but can't find any.

If anyone has a setup working, please share what card/chipset you are
using, and any tricks you used to get it running.  If you know of any
howto's, please send me a link.  I'm not looking for
anything high quality, as I'm just playing around with it.

TIA,
Trey Waters

 Trey Waters                                      v4l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
           There's only one endeavor in which you can start
               at the top, and that's digging a hole.