Re: NTSC capture card recomendation

--- Billy Biggs <vektor@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Vidiot (brown@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx):
>
> > Pretty much anything you do is compressed.  You
> can't grab
> > uncompressed 720x480 29.97 fps video and audio
> fast enough.  Plus, the
> > file space needed would be a killer.  But, DV is
> intraframe and is not
> > compressed as heavy as MPEG-2, so it is easier to
> work with.
>
>   There are lossless codecs for analog capture
> cards.  ffmpeg has a
> huffyuv encoder/decoder afaik.   I also did a
> huffyuv-like codec, and
> someone ported it to libquicktime or something like
> that:
>
>   http://scanline.ca/compression/
>
>   Capturing full 720x480 is easy on modern hardware.

well i'm trying to capture lossless PAL at the moment
and I can't find a way to get HUFFYUV to work
correcttly with my SAA7134 based card. FFMPEG directly
 drops lots of frames, and ffmpegrec won't work with
huffyuv at the moment.

Anyone got an example of capture at full PAL/NTSC
resolution that won't cause massive frame drops.

Steve

=====
--
If you listen very carefully you can sometimes hear the dolphins sing

pinguellis@xxxxxxxxxxx