Re: Can't use radio on PCTV Pro

On Tue, 28 Jan 2003 01:28 am, Marius Kotsbak wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 11:11:03PM +1100, Michael Pearce wrote:
> > Hi, I just bought a PCTV Pro today after reading various reviews, seeing
> > it was quite high quality. I also check around the net for linux support,
> > and it seemed to be supported by bttv
> >
> > TV works fine, great picture and sound (using 0.7.102), but radio doesn't
> > work at all.
> > After perusing this list's archives, I'e seen it suggested that passing
> > simple=0 or simple=1 to msp3400 might work. It doesn't :P
>
> Sure. Have you tried that?

Yeah, I have.
I'm using bttv 0.7.103 now, and the problem is still there, though very
slightly different. When simple is set to 1, I get no audio output at all,
not even for half a second. When simple=0, I get the static again, but this
time it's continuous - it doesn't cut out after half a second.
This thing just refuses to give radio output to me...

I know the card and antenna works - radio works perfectly in windows with the
Pinnacle drivers. Interestingly, if I listen to the radio in windows, then
reboot into linux without turning the machine off, I can listen to the radio
perfectly. The problem being, I can only listen to the station I was
listening to last in windows, and I can't watch TV any more. So that's not
really a problem.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be causing this. It seems to me
(me knowing nothing at all about tuner cards, or writing drivers...) that the
problem lies in the setting of the station. The audio output works just fine

--Michael Pearce