GTK based video capture / sample code?

David J. Topper writes:
 > Hi folks,
 >
 > Finally got my Osprey 100 working.  Seems happier with an S-Video
 > connection than regular composite.  Go figure.
 >
 > In any case, now I'm trying to figure out this API.  The stuff in
 > /usr/src/linux/Documentation does give the basics, but it would be
 > really helpful to see some sample code.  Does anyone have a suggestion
 > on which app. to take a look at?  I see several of them on the
 > exploits.com web page ... but wonder which ones might be nice and
 > lightweight enough to get the gist from.
 >
 > Ideally, it would be great to pipe video to a Gtk window.  That's my end
 > goal anyhow so I can get it to work with some other Gtk apps I'm working on.

Hi David,

I am not sure if this is what you are looking for, but I wrote a gtk
widget for displaying video from v4l devices which I use in the
tuxview application (you can find the gtvscreen2.c file in the tuxzap
package at http://www.metzlerbros.org/dvb/index.html). I haven't
worked on it for a while because xawtv works for my purposes just
fine. So e.g. the xv support is not finished and no v4l2 support was
added, but for the principle of writing a widget that you can use in
any gtk application you may want to look at it.

Marcus

| mocm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx            | http://www.metzlerbros.de/        |