Re: Hauppage WinTV PVR-250/350

  PlasmaJohn wrote:
> > Can somebody *PLEASE* confirm this.  If this is true, I have code that
> > will extract an MPEG stream from the 250.

> Anthony has connections in Hauppauge so he knows what he's talking about:

[quote elided]

That approval (of creating GPL drivers by people who have seen
the initial drivers) might be true for the
driver-writing-arrangement for this Anthony dude.  Best wishes
to him!

But does that approval extend to other people?  It will matter
at least when these Conexant/Hauppauge-endorsed drivers are out:
people might want to improve them or fix bugs.  Ok, it's very
unlikely that the driver will have bugs, but bugs *have*
happened before. ;-)

FWIW, I'm willing to perform tests and provide information about
my 350 (PAL B/G) card to anyone in the interest of writing
GPL-compatible drivers.  Do not send anything with a shoddy
distribution license.  I *do* care.

(Until I see some source with a distributable GPL-compatible
license, I'll be dinking with a driver myself.  It's good
training!  Progress near stand-still though; spare time is less
copious.)

brgds, H-P