Re: Hauppage WinTV PVR-250/350

> But does that approval extend to other people?  It will matter
> at least when these Conexant/Hauppauge-endorsed drivers are out:

Agreed. As PlasmaJohn rightly mentioned I got excited too early,
perhaps also being non-English native as news source is I saw in his
news what wasn't there just yet.

We better wait for official Hauppauge announcement which might clarify
things.

> FWIW, I'm willing to perform tests and provide information about
> my 350 (PAL B/G) card to anyone in the interest of writing
> GPL-compatible drivers.

Right, I also plan to do some scans under XP which might help for Linux.

> (Until I see some source with a distributable GPL-compatible
> license, I'll be dinking with a driver myself.

I like that team A, team B approach PlasmaJohn proposed so I'll start
my driver as well within B frame. Hopefully will assemble WinTV box
by the time PlasmaJohn finish his docs.

> It's good training!

Right, I wrote some touch-screen driver while back but nothing video
related,
it'll be good learning for me.

> Progress near stand-still though; spare time is less copious.)

Tell me about it :-) My 1.5yo daughter managed to get terrible flu so I
don't even
have nights to work anymore as I use to.

Regards,

Pavel.