Re: noisy picture with PCTVPro - can this be fixed?

Petr Stehlik wrote:
Hi,

after long headache with PV951 bought a new card - PCTV Pro. Hoped for a
crystal clear picture for the high price. Under windows it looks fairly
well but under linux I get a noisy picture. I am very unhappy with this.
Can I fix it somehow, please? Please see the screenshots here:

http://joy.sophics.cz/PCTVPro/

It's the very latest revision with the MT2032 tuner. It's autodetected
as type 39 (Rave) but I enforce type 52 (Pro). The tuner is
autodetected. IIRC I pass no other params to the modules. bttv is
0.7.100. Format is PAL (under windows it's "PAL DK"), east-european
channels (Czech Republic is east european? hmm).

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

When I implemented mt203x support for the 3dfx Voodoo200/ TV/FM I didn't
care to play with all register settings, although I too had the impression
the picture quality was not as good as with other cards.

Probably it is not a frequency deviation (which would be correctable with
fine-tuning) but a certain register setting.

You could warm-boot from Windows to Linux and add code to dump the mt203x
registers at in tuner.c (the register settings were preserved for 3dfx card,
don't know for Pinnacle as there is interaction with some GPIO on tda987x).

-
Gunthe