Re: Debugging the PCTV PRO Radio problem

Marius Kotsbak wrote:
I have started reviewing the code in tuner.c to find why the radio on
PCTV PRO with MT2030-tuner isn't working.

Yes, radio doesn't work on 3fdx Voodoo200/ TV/FM neither for which
I implemented mt203x tuner support. Though I don't know why.

Note the Pinnacle PCTV MT203x-type card has other chips in the audio path too,
e.g. SAW filters or tda988x chips, so consider these too !
The spurcheck is a red herring (it never triggers for FM).

First I need to know if it has worked well before?

I have found one possible error source, and that is the spurcheck, which
is as I can see missing. The mt2032_spurcheck() just print some
debug-information, but never touch other than local variables, don't
talk to any hardware, and always return 1. Where it is called, it is
commented "should recalcuulate lo1...".

What I am not sure of is if this is necessary for radio tuning. In the
datasheet it is noted that the spur removal isn't required for north
Ameracan FM, which seems to have the same range as the norwegian (which
doesn't work well).

Does anyone (particulary the driver authors) know any other part of the
code I can search for errors? The symtoms as I have said is that the
tuning of radio is bad, som I can only hear sound some seconds before it
turns the sound off. Sound might come back later automatically and
last for some seconds.

Marius K