Re: Misleading informations on "official" v4l2 website

Hello Jack,

you are right, i misunderstood your meaning. you must appreciate that
the phrase 'out of business' means more recently than it used to. :)

8-) Ok, I'm glad that we solved our misunderstanding so quickly.

now i understand. i guess as long as the transition is well done,
i'd not personally have any heartburn with such a move.

however, after bill's contribution, this would have to clearly be his choice rather than peer pressure to go faster, IMHO.

Of course. I remember Bill's efforts very well and I'm still very glad that he did this first step and the initial code + the excellent "demo driver".

But: users are searching for informations and they are getting confused. They find Bill's site and try to use the informations and drivers, but will fail for example with both bttv-0.7 (because it's v4l1) and bttv-0.9 (because it's new v4l2).

I never wanted to shut down anything, simply change the site so it
reflects the lasted developments.

certainly a recent objective, thanks for your quick explanation.

And remember: I volunteered to do the dirty work... ;-)

jackc...

CU
Michael.