Re: Vloopback and Red Hat 8.0

daniel jircik wrote:

> Hi again,
> Is anyone here familiar with this Video Loopback kernel module ? http://motion.technolust.cx/vloopback/index.html
> I've been using it to record the output of http://effectv.sourceforge.net/ with xawtv. The author of this module seems to no longer be maintaining it and this noble person  was kind enough to fix a device offset problem with this hack http://tibit.org/video/vloopback-0.90-tibit.tar.gz   It's normally very simple to use,  do "make" then  "insmod vloopback.o pipes=2" to set up an output to another program from a v4l device. The registered devices can then be seen with "dmesg"   I had an earlier problem with it on a Red Hat 7.3 because loadable module support was not enabled on my system, but now I can't get it to build on RH 8.0 and I get the following verbse message http://home.swbell.net/pannomat/Groovy/vloopback_make_error.txt  Can anyone help me on this? The above author said I needed to have the kernel headers installed but he was unfamilliar with rh 8.0 and couldn't help me further. Can anyone offer me a few suggestions?

Daniel,

Apart from the hacks you describe, you also need to
change "LINUXSRC" in the Makefile to:

	LINUXSRC=/usr/src/linux-2.4

This is the correct location for the kernel on RH8.0.

As shipped, the Makefile refers to the old location:

	LINUXSRC=/usr/src/linux

I've had vloopback & motion working fine here for over
a week on RH8.0

I hope this helps.

--
Dave Garry,