Re: bttv with SECAM

Just for the record, teletext on theses channels works fine, so I'm (perhaps naively :-) ) starting to think it's either a "putting things together" problem, or a "displaying things properly" problem.

I am not yet, however, unsuscribing :-)

Philip

Philip Dodd wrote:
Philip Dodd wrote:

 > - Start xawtv
 > - Click on "tv norm"
 > - Click on "secam"
 > - Report if it works

Done.  It dosn't work.  However, and this may be of use to some of you,
it appears to switch between green image and purple image..., though
sometimes the purple image goes green after a couple of seconds.

Is this definitely *not* a bttv/v4l problem? If it isn't I'll stop filling up your lists with it :-)

It doesn't appear to be xawtv related cos zapping exhibits the same behaviour, and SECAM TVs pick up the signal just fine from this antenna. I've been doing a bit of reading (and IRC :-) ) and now know a little bit about the luma and chroma. It appears to get just one or the other - am I right?

Like I said, just let me know if this is quite clearly not "a problem at your end", and I'll leave you alone!

Thanks again to all who've helped,