Re: STB PCI gateway pull

Jacob,

You may wish to lookup a thread on what appears to be this same issue back in May 21 .. 24, 2001 between Ben Bridgwater and Eric Jorgensen entitled: "STB TV PCI - How to get audio working"... Ben's last post described the following:

Just for the record, the particular Gateway OEM variant of the STB
Desktop TV/FM card I have - which is what computergeeks were recently
selling - is working great with bttv and xawtv. Thanks, Gerd, and anyone
else who's worked on this stuff!

This card has the following components:

Tuner: Philips FM1236/F
Video: Bt878KHF
Audio: TDA9850T TDA7432D TEA6420

My module options are:

alias char-major-89     i2c-dev
options i2c-core        i2c_debug=1
options i2c-algo-bit    bit_test=1

alias char-major-81     videodev
alias char-major-81-0   bttv
options bttv            card=3 radio=1 bttv_verbose=2
options tuner           type=2 debug=1

(the audio stuff all gets correctly detected and loaded)

Using bttv 0.7.67 (with a rebuilt Mandrake 7.1 2.2.15-4mdk kernel, which
can be cleanly patched with the i2c stack per install method #3), and
xawtv 3.48.

Seeing as my motherboard only has an internal sound header for CD in
(not line in), I just transferred the CD audio cable (which I don't use)
to the TV card.

Now if only the windows driver were so flexible...

Ben

BTW, I haven't had any problems with the windows drivers for my Gateway Destination System PCI card if that is what this is..

Tim Schoenfelder
Jacob D. Sheck wrote:

video4linux-list

I have an STB TV PCI card from a gateway computer. In dmesg I get this error
bttv0: i2c: checking for TDA9875 @ 0xb0... not found
bttv0: i2c: checking for TDA7432 @ 0x8a... not found
tvaudio: TV audio decoder + audio/video mux driver
tvaudio: known chips: tda9840,tda9873h,tda9874h/a,tda9850,tda9855,tea6300,tea642
cmpci: found CM8738 adapter at io 0xd800 irq 5

The video in xawtv works great. I can not however get my sound to work. I have an onboard CM8738 sound adapter. I am quite sure I have the correct configuration for loading the modules.

# bttv
alias char-major-89     i2c-dev
options i2c-core        i2c_debug=1
options i2c-algo-bit    bit_test=1

alias char-major-81 bttv
alias char-major-81-0   bttv
options bttv            card=3 radio=1 bttv_verbose=2
options tuner           type=2 debug=1

Could some one please point me in the direction of what I am doing wrong?

My Goal is to make a digital vcr with this box. I have been having some trouble rounding up all the libraries for mpeg capture. Does anyone have a definitive complete set of libraries/binaries/rpm's for RedHat 7.3?
Thanks
Jacob