Gave up on Pinnacle PCTV pro

Oh well, I gave up trying to get my Pinnacle PCTV pro card working under Linux
and took it back to the shop. I now have a Terratec TValue card which is
working fine.

For anyone still working on the Pinnacle though, I think the main problem is
that it is necessary to load a driver which talks to the TDA9886 chip in
order to set the TV norm (ie. NTSC/PAL etc). The tda9887.c module supplied
with bttv-0.7.97 can do this fine for PAL systems but will probably need a
few extra lines of code for NTSC systems.

Now, the real problem is that after the TDA9886 chip has been 'talked to' over
the I2C bus it is not possible for the tuner.o module to talk to the MT2030
tuner chip anymore. I have no idea why as the sound chip (3450) can still be
accessed by its driver OK so the I2C bus on the card is obviously still
working.

Unfortunately, this was where I got stuck. If anyone can figure out how to get
the driver talking to the MT2032 chip again I think this card will work fine.

Good luck, Barry.
--
The world can be divided into 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary,
and those who don't.