Re: Re: setting frequency with v4lctl

On 16 Aug 2002, Gerd Knorr wrote:

Hi Gerd,

> >  I was wondering why v4ctl can set channels but NOT frequencies?
> >  It spend a reasonable amount of time to figure out which channels my cable
> >  provider lists on its homepage correspond with which channels in xawtv for
> >  instance. Being able to set the frequency right away would save a lot of
> >  time :P
> >
> >  Is there any reason why this aint possible?
>
> Not implemented :-)

I figured :P

> Most people don't know the frequencies for TV stations.  They know the
It's a shame ;-)

> channel numbers (or names).  I'd prefeare to have working frequency
> tables (channel name => frequency) in xawtv rather than asking users to
> fiddle with the frequencies directly because of that.
Me too, but unfortunatly the channel numbers listed by my cable provider
do not match the ones used in xawtv (are there multiple standards??).

> The ~/.xawtv config file accepts frequencies through, thus you can put
> your TV stations in there and then use "v4lctl setstation xxx".
O that is great, I was not aware of that :) So I can use frequencies after
all via setstation option :))

> >  For setting radio channels it is possible with the application named
> >  "radio"...
>
> There are no channels for radio, and everyone uses the frequency to
> tune the statiosn ...
I know , pity TV did not do the same ;-)

Thanx a lot!

--
Ronald Verlaan
http://www.ronaldverlaan.com