Re: Re: setting frequency with v4lctl

On Fri, 2002-08-16 at 17:32, Ronald Verlaan wrote:

> Me too, but unfortunatly the channel numbers listed by my cable provider
> do not match the ones used in xawtv (are there multiple standards??).

Hi,

I'm not sure whether what I did before is applicable to your case, but
I'm sending to the list anyway in case someone encounters something
similar.

I'm in the Philippines, where NTSC is used. The first few times I used
my TV tuner (FV2k SAA7130), I was dismayed to find out that my cable
provider apparently used non-standard frequencies, e.g. channels were
off by one, some channels skipped around (e.g. channel 22 showed up as
channel 6), and a _lot_ of fine tuning was required. I kept googling ;)
for possible alternative frequencies, but only the standard NTSC codes
showed up, which were exactly as listed in the xawtv code
(frequencies.c).

After quite some time I had most channels in my .xawtv, but didn't feel
like I had done the "right" thing -- I had even tried to modify
frequencies.c. I gave it another shot a few days later, this time
fiddling around with my tuner.o settings. And it worked! All the
channels were set perfectly -- I should have used type=39 instead of the
semi-compatible setting I had been using before. I sheepishly edited out
all fine tuning and decremented/moved the channel numbers in my .xawtv.

Maybe you can simply try a different tuner type...? Hope this helps you
or someone else. :)

Regards,
Alex