Re: setting frequency with v4lctl

Ronald Verlaan wrote:
>  Hi all,
>
>  I was wondering why v4ctl can set channels but NOT frequencies?
>  It spend a reasonable amount of time to figure out which channels my cable
>  provider lists on its homepage correspond with which channels in xawtv for
>  instance. Being able to set the frequency right away would save a lot of
>  time :P
>
>  Is there any reason why this aint possible?

Not implemented :-)

Most people don't know the frequencies for TV stations.  They know the
channel numbers (or names).  I'd prefeare to have working frequency
tables (channel name => frequency) in xawtv rather than asking users to
fiddle with the frequencies directly because of that.

The ~/.xawtv config file accepts frequencies through, thus you can put
your TV stations in there and then use "v4lctl setstation xxx".

>  For setting radio channels it is possible with the application named
>  "radio"...

There are no channels for radio, and everyone uses the frequency to
tune the statiosn ...

  Gerd

--
You can't please everybody.  And usually if you _try_ to please
everybody, the end result is one big mess.