Re: Why I just got gray vidoe

Sorry about the encoding. It work fine with Chinese.

Thanks first.

My problem is I can get a grayscale video only from my capture card.

Hardware:
BT848 compliant card
signal from VCR A/V connector
K6-2 400, 128M, 3d virge vga card ( it will be impossible or
unacceptable to run M$ Win)

Software:
RH7.3 (2.4.18-3) without any modify with the kernel
Xawtv come with RH

My procedures:
modprobe bttv (it create /dev/video0 ~/dev/video3)
it automatically load i2c & videodev.

streamer -s 320x240 -r 30 -f mjpeg -F mono16 -n ntsc -o /video/movie.avi
( I tried several times with different options, only "-s 320x240 -r 30
-n ntsc" can get a grayscale video,
I guess it will be more closer to the goal)