firmware hauppage wintv pvr

Hello all,

I am new to this list and about to ask my very first question :)

In a previous email on the list I saw this:
--------
The firmware file itself is not shipped, you have to pick that from the
driver CD (pvr45xxx.EXE, self-extracting zip archive which can be
unpacked with unzip).
--------

I did unzip this file but was not able to determine which file contains
the pvr firmware. I am struggling for a year or more now to make sound on
pvr on linux work (no succes). I do understand now I have to load the
firmware for the altera chip first and that the newest bttv releases would
be able to do so :)

So my questions are:
What is the filename of the firmware file in the pvr45xxx.exe archive?
Where exactly shoudl I put this file for the bttv module to find it?
Should uploading firmware work by just insmod the bttv module or should I
do more?

Thanx in advance. It would be great not have to initialize the card
everytime in windows before I can use it in linux :)

Btw I do use the card succesfully as a VCR in linux (software encoding)
creating 1 hour SVCD's with very reasonable quality (better then a
good vcd).

Best regards,

--
Ronald Verlaan