Re: firmware hauppage wintv pvr

Ronald Verlaan wrote:
Hello all,

I am new to this list and about to ask my very first question :)

In a previous email on the list I saw this:
--------
The firmware file itself is not shipped, you have to pick that from the
driver CD (pvr45xxx.EXE, self-extracting zip archive which can be
unpacked with unzip).
--------

I did unzip this file but was not able to determine which file contains
the pvr firmware. I am struggling for a year or more now to make sound on
pvr on linux work (no succes). I do understand now I have to load the
firmware for the altera chip first and that the newest bttv releases would
be able to do so :)

So my questions are:
What is the filename of the firmware file in the pvr45xxx.exe archive?
Where exactly shoudl I put this file for the bttv module to find it?
Should uploading firmware work by just insmod the bttv module or should I
do more?

From the bttv tarball;

static char *pvr = "/etc/pvr/hcwAMC.rbf";

Just put the file there and it should automagically work the next time you modprobe bttv / reboot.

--
-Torgeir