NVrec audio warping logic?

Hi Justin,

I'm trying to get NVrec and btaudio.o to play nicely together.
Right now quite a bit of wow gets added to the audio - because the warp
continually hunts up and down.

I want to fix that - and I'm on the track.  But I need help: I can't
understand the logic used to generate the drate variable in nvrec_core.

Looking in oss_core, the passed drate is used to derive a "dt" - being a
warp "ratio" as a fixed-point binary (16 binary bits).

Given that this is a ratio, I'm confused that I see no division used in
nvrec_core when drate is calculated.  I would have expected some actual
amount divided by some expected amount or something like that.  Instead
there's only the "slippage" calculated in msecs, with (for some reason) a
little bit of a cumulative offset (!?) taken off.

Can you provide an explanation of how this works for poor dumb me?

Steve