Re: Re: btaudio delay with ATI TV-Wonder

On Tue, Nov 06, 2001 at 05:03:06PM +0000, Gerd Knorr wrote:

> There is some latency caused by btaudio while recording, althrougth it
> is much smaller that 1 second.

Hmmm.  It may be less than 1 second but I would put it closer to 1
than 0.  Maybe it just looks that way.  Annoying in any case.

> btaudio uses 4k blocks (i.e. 4k is the
> smallest possible chunk you can read at once).  As it takes some time to
> fill these 4k there is a small delay (you can calculate it if you know
> the sample parameters (rate, channels, ...).

Why does this delay not happen with a regular ol' sound card when you
use your capture card looped back to it?

> The same issue probably exists for playback (depending on the sound
> hardware / driver).  The application (sox?) which copies the data from
> one to the other dsp device might cause a additional delay too due to
> buffering.

Well, it is during capture that I am seeing the problem, using ffmpeg.

Is there no way to deal with this issue at all?

b.

--
Brian J. Murrell