Re: btaudio delay with ATI TV-Wonder

Brian J. Murrell wrote:
>  When I try to use the btaudio device/driver for capturing on my ATI
>  TV-Wonder instead of looping back onto the sound card and using the
>  sound card to capture from, the audio seems to be delayed somewhat.  I
>  would guess that it is somewhere around a 1 second delay or so.

There is some latency caused by btaudio while recording, althrougth it
is much smaller that 1 second.  btaudio uses 4k blocks (i.e. 4k is the
smallest possible chunk you can read at once).  As it takes some time to
fill these 4k there is a small delay (you can calculate it if you know
the sample parameters (rate, channels, ...).

The same issue probably exists for playback (depending on the sound
hardware / driver).  The application (sox?) which copies the data from
one to the other dsp device might cause a additional delay too due to
buffering.

  Gerd

--
Netscape is unable to locate the server localhost:8000.
Please check the server name and try again.