Re: RemoteVision progress

Nemosoft wrote:

To what pin does this go? Just one of the input pins of the microcontroller? In that case it's a hard guess what it does... Also, remember that the bits of the GPIO port can be independantly used for reading and writing, so maybe this pin is used as an input, not an output like the others.

Sorry for this late reply... I've just sent a patch for supporting remote vision card. It has some comments included that should explain these issues...

9: RESET

Reset to what?

reset to crosspoint switch, it breaks all existing conections.

The _vertical_ sync bar? If it looks vertical on your screen, you're missing the _horizontal_ sync pulses!

All my fault...my cameras are ntsc and i was programming bt848 as pal...anyway thanks for the help!

It's possible the microcontroller generates the VSync for you, and the video source that you apply is supposed to sync with this, in stead of generating it's own sync. In which case you might be screwed :-( Maybe you can turn it off with the pin to the microcontroller, since the card _does_ have a sync separator.

There's a sync separator circuit but it doesn't seems to be used, it's wired to a non existant conector... I guess the microcontroller might also try to sync channel changes with video sync, dunno.

Regards,

Miguel Freitas