Re: [Ffmpeg-devel] Reducing loss of quality while recoding

> 1) If there is a large harddisk availlable, one could bear a relatively
>    low, but sufficiently artefact/lossless encoding while recording
>    and recompress better afterwards.
>    Which tools are availlable for this? (reliable capture and
>    optimal recompression)

VirtualDub & Huffyuv - one day might be working in linux :) but right now
I'm not sure which day it will be - but it will

> 2) Could ffmpeg's encoders benefit from a postprocessing-filter
>    between the decoder and the encoder while doing recoding?

It will be always getting worse if you will be recompressing already
compressed image - it's the same as for JPEGs

- If I would be you - just byu a Duron and compress into MPEG4 in realtime
it's really waste of energy and your time in my eyes...
(well unless you plan to compress 720x520 sized image :)

--
  .''`.  Which fundamental human right do you want to give up today?
 : :' :      Debian GNU/Linux maintainer - www.debian.{org,cz}