No sound output on ProVideo PV951 TF

Hi guys just subscribed to this list in hopes of getting some help finially

I have this ProVideo PV951 TF which is one odd beast. I got it via my friend
from hong kong.

What is odd about this card is that is packaged by a company call Grandmars
(another generica tawain company with a odd name) but it's really a ProVideo
card. The model is as i have said PV 951 TF it is a bt878A based board
(unlike the PV951 which when i modprobe bttv with this card setting gives me
848) and uses a LG TAPC-I001P tuner and has a FM support.

So anyhow everything seems to work with v4l and xawtv that came with mandrake
8. I can get a pretty decent picture but i have totally no sound. Before i
found out that this card was actually a provideo pv951 TF i tired all sorts
of combination of settings. Sometimes i can get very staticy sound on one and
only one channel and on one other channel i seem to get sound that doesn't
belong there. Otherwise all other channels are quiet.

So my question here is how do i get this to work? I don't feel like going out
and dishing out more cash for a "supported" card as this is sort of supported.

If anyone had experience with this it would be great if you'll tell me how to
get this working. Cause unlike other windows centric stuff i can't run this
in my dual booted gamedoze cause the software that cames with the card locks
WinMe up hard.

here's a copy n paste of my dmesg output:

bttv: driver version 0.7.62 loaded
bttv: using 2 buffers with 2080k (4160k total) for capture
bttv: Bt8xx card found (0).
PCI: Found IRQ 7 for device 00:0d.0
PCI: The same IRQ used for device 00:04.2
PCI: The same IRQ used for device 00:04.3
PCI: The same IRQ used for device 00:09.0
PCI: The same IRQ used for device 00:0d.1
bttv0: Bt878 (rev 17) at 00:0d.0, irq: 7, latency: 32, memory: 0xd7000000
bttv0: model: BT878(ProVideo PV951) [insmod option]
i2c-core.o: adapter bt848 #0 registered as adapter 0.
bttv0: i2c: checking for TDA9875 @ 0xb0... not found
bttv0: i2c: checking for TDA7432 @ 0x8a... not found
i2c-core.o: driver i2c TV tuner driver registered.
tuner: chip found @ 0x60
bttv0: i2c attach [LG PAL_I+FM (TAPC-I001D)]
i2c-core.o: client [LG PAL_I+FM (TAPC-I001D)] registered to adapter [bt848
#0](pos. 0).
bttv0: PLL: 28636363 => 35468950 ... ok
tuner: TV freq (0.-6) out of range (44-958)
bttv0: PLL: switching off
here's a copy n paste of my dmesg output:

As you can see i forced it to use the TAPC-I001D. And it does detect it as a
BT878. Just no sound still!

thanks in advance

Cheers
Sebastian Ip