bttv x SIS630 conflict

Hello all,

This is my first message to this list.
I'm facing a problem regarding bttv. My TV application freezes after some hours of use. I developed a very simple tv app only to test bttv. It only configures things like window sizes, bpp, etc, and triggers the overlay mode. After that I realized (note that I'm a newbie in these issues) that I only need to call the VIDIOCCAPTURE ioctl to start the overlay using X extension DGA. In the bttv code I see that it starts a DMA.

I think that these shouldn't be tricky but in my system it works very well but after some hours of overlay and other ramdom softwares running it crashes.

I'm thinking of start to go deep in bttv code, to try to figure out what is happening, and I would appreciate any advice on how-to and the best ways to make(start) it. Any suggestion would be very welcomed.

If anyone could give some help in the freeze or had some similar story in the past, my configuration is:
-XFree 4.0.3
-Kernel 2.4.7
-bttv 0.7.57
-Flyvideo 98 FM TV board