frozen bt878

  After much hell getting the various modules compiled, I finally got
everything working. I had zapping up, when I walked outside for a smoke.
I returned to find the picture frozen. I assume the screen saver had
kicked in. Now I cannot get the card to work. I unloaded and re-inserted
the modules, with no success. I rebooted, inserted the modules, still
nothing. XawTV gives this output:
This is xawtv-3.60, running on Linux/i586 (2.4.9pci64)
ioctl: VIDIOCSYNC(0): Input/output error
ioctl: VIDIOCSYNC(0): Input/output error
... until I close XawTV
Various information:
Kernel 2.4.9 with pci64 and v4l2 applied.
bttv 0.8.24
i2c stack 2.6.0
WinTV-GO, bt878 (auto-probed by the module correctly)

At first I figured the bt878 had to be reset. There is some tool to
do this under Win9x, hcwreset or hcwclear or some such thing. Is
there such a tool for linux? After rebooting, I figure this isn't the
solution I need.

Also, I could not tune, I had to build tuner.o manually in the kernel
source. Apparently there is no option in the configuration to enable
the build of this module. After I built it by hand, I could tune.
Thought I would pass this on to the list.

Any help is appreciated.  -Erik (erik@xxxxxxxxx)