Re: v4l2 and RH7.1 with smp

   I think I have a similar problem, but the suggestion below
didn't work for me.
   In my case, I have Mandrake 8.0 with Kernel 2.4.3 and a PII
SMP linux box.  I created a new .config file in the linux directory
with SMP enabled, run "make dep; make clean; make bzlilo", but I did
NOT install the new kernel created (I figured that all one needs
is the right .config, so that v4l2 compiles with the correct configu-
ration, right? The kernel that comes with the dist.  should work fine,
right?)

    Well, v4l2 compiles fine and insmod fine too, but an application
can never "select()" successfully. It always timeouts on select().
It seems that the interruptions are not processed by the module:

# more /proc/interrupts
           CPU0       CPU1
  0:    5781763    5804166    IO-APIC-edge  timer
  1:      11909      11291    IO-APIC-edge  keyboard
  2:          0          0          XT-PIC  cascade
  5:      31251      28507    IO-APIC-edge  Crystal audio controller
 10:          0          0    IO-APIC-edge  meteor0
 12:      48406      46369    IO-APIC-edge  PS/2 Mouse
 15:          9          5    IO-APIC-edge  ide1
 18:      44791      45408   IO-APIC-level  aic7xxx, aic7xxx
 19:     340350     339089   IO-APIC-level  usb-uhci, eth0
NMI:          0          0
LOC:   11586077   11586099
ERR:          0
MIS:          0