RE: v4l2 and RH7.1 with smp

Bill wrote:
>I think what causes the make to say that modules are not enabled is
>because the Makefile is using the .config file for that information. Out
>of the box, there is no .config file in the Linux source directory. Copy
>one from the configs subdirectory to the main Linux source directory as
>.config.

This all pretty much makes sense, and this is how I solved the problem anyway.

However I would argue that (slap me if I'm wrong) ,
since the videodevX make is calling the kernel make to "make modules":
It is the make modules check, in the kernel make file which fails, because it checks the .config file
(which doesn't exist on the out of the box distro), maybe it should find out some other
way, like by asking the kernel or trying to load a dummy module.

Thanks for your help.

-darragh