Re: v4l2 and RH7.1 with smp

Guilherme Nelson F De Souza wrote:
>    In my case, I have Mandrake 8.0 with Kernel 2.4.3 and a PII
> SMP linux box.  I created a new .config file in the linux directory
> with SMP enabled, run "make dep; make clean; make bzlilo", but I did
> NOT install the new kernel created (I figured that all one needs
> is the right .config, so that v4l2 compiles with the correct configu-
> ration, right? The kernel that comes with the dist.  should work fine,
> right?)

I wouldn't think so.

You've made a new .config. So it's different from the .config that the
distro kernel was made from. Also you might have used a different
version of the compiler.

So you've inserted a module that was built with a different .config and
maybe different compiler into your kernel. I think it's just luck that
the insmod worked and you haven't hung up the machine yet.

Try using the modules with the new kernel with the matching .config.

Bill.