RE: Blurry captured frames with xawtv's streamer

Greetings,

On 13-Jul-01 W. Michael Petullo wrote:
> I am getting some odd effects with version 3.49 of xawtv's streamer.
> Every once in a while, streamer captures a blurry frame.  I placed an
> example of this effect at http://flyn.org/random/blur0.jpg.  A clean
> frame is available at http://flyn.org/random/blur1.jpg.

[snip] This is the ´normal´ jagged edge problem with movement in the
image... It´s not a sync problem: the background stays put (look at the
rocks to the left), but the characters are moving. Because it is a cartoon
it might be that their movement really is that jerky, or your card missed a
frame and uses 2 frames quite a long time (relatively speaking) apart,
causing the large displacement.

> Is this due to some property of my NTSC source?

No, but because you are recording more lines than is available in one frame,
the card uses both even and odd frames to get a whole image. With vertical
resolutions <= 240 the problem should never exist.

 - Nemosoft

Try SorceryNet!   One of the best IRC-networks around!   irc.sorcery.net:9000