Re: can't beat this wintv card into submission

On Tue, Jun 19, 2001 at 06:39:20PM -0500, Nathan wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I recently picked up a Hauppauge WinTV card (bt878, phillips NTSC tuner),
> and I just can't seem to get the darn thing working.
>
> Running a 2.4.5 kernel.  To start with, I just tried loading the bttv
> module with
> modpobe bttv card=10 tuner=2
> and yet if I crank up XawTV, I just get a mostly black screen with a bar
> of static at the top, and static from the audio (external audio jack to
> sound card line in)

An update, this seems to be a tuner problem.  I dug out a vcr, and
hooked up the composite out on the vcr to the in on the card, and I
was able to get a picture.  I verified that my cable connection is
ok by putting the cable into the vcr...I then get a picture from the
cable (no sound though), and I can change channels via the vcr.

Is there anything else that I can try?  I've already gone through
all of the tuners in Documentation/video4linux/bttv/CARDLIST with
no promising results...

--
Nathan <poznick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
PGP Key: http://drunkmonkey.org/pgpkey.txt

"Gregory Peck -- this week on Solid Gold!"
-Tom Servo. #112