RE: Multiple cameras

Around Sat, 26 May 2001 09:25:23 -0700, I thought I heard Jodie Reynolds say:

>4) multi-hub USB board (~$50/4-hubs) and a supported USB digitizing device,
>such as the Nogatec/Zoran based systems to support security cameras or a
>supported USB camera (short range)
>
>I've seen 64 composite cameras on a single box this way, raw.	(4
>hubs/board, 8 cameras @ 50% bandwidth each)

	Ok, found an adapter (Belkin USB VideoBus II).. I'm currently using
'webcam' that comes with Xaw to handle the images for me.. Can I still use t,
or am I going to be hunting new software to handle the images from the cameras?
The other question I have is, does this unit handle the conversion from RCA to
USB with no help from the OS, or am I hunting drivers for it as well?

--
Homer Parker

LAN/WAN, Wireless Networking, PC Sales/Service
Linux, OS/2, Windows9x, Windows NT/2000 Support

PC Services
129 W 8th #101
Russell, KS 67665

785.483.7602
hparker@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.pcsrvc.com

Either you can say I'm for Open Source, open standards, or I'm against
standards. Either you can say I'm for giving customers and communities
a choice or I'm against giving customers and communities a choice.
  - Sam Palmisano, IBM President and COO at LinuxWorld Expo 2001