Re: Multiple cameras

On Fri, May 25, 2001 at 09:43:11AM -0500, Homer Parker wrote:
> 	Ok, I put a a camera for a customer of mine.. The love it.. Great..
> But, now they want multiple cameras. Is there any way to get multiple cameras
> working in a single computer? I'm currently just using a Hauppauge WinTV card
> (though the name *really* scared me! ;).. Can I get more than one of them in a
> computer? Is there a card designed to handle this situation? Am I going to a
> full blown camera server? Any and all help appreciated..

GrandTec USA, has a 4 input port bt878 based capture card.  However,
you can only capture from one port at time.  You can switch between
ports and capture at lower rates.  Their usefulness depends on your
application.

As a security system running a few frames per second or less they
work great.

If you run your cameras off AC and get cameras that support AC line
locking you'll find you can switch between the cameras with less
loss of sync during the switch.

By the way, if you do decide to buy the GrandTec card, buy it from
http://www.allthings.com.au, (CAP 4 CH) even if its an international
order.  The US distributor wanted 3 times as much as the total order
cost from this seller in AU.  This was the case the last time I ordered
some about a year ago.

--
Brian Litzinger <brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

    Copyright (c) 2000 By Brian Litzinger, All Rights Reserved