Re: WinTV Go and Red Hat Linux 7.1 -- sound yes, video no

i was having the same problem until i started playing with videodog:

http://planeta.terra.com.br/informatica/gleicon/video4linux/videodog.html
(use version 7).

it turned out that my card was defaulting to PAL for some reason. once i
manually switched it to NTSC with videodog i was able to grab frames.
after that running

xawtv -noxv

with a config file that sets the default modes to NTSC and "no overlay"
let me start seeing video with xawtv. it's still pretty tweaky and
inconsistant though, and i can't always get it all to work well. sound
is always fine though.

douglas