Video Streaming with ffserver / RealTimeServerProtocol ? RTSP?

Hi All !
What interests me is which standard streams efficiently over Multicast Sockets
I figure for the type of application I am developing its better to sometimes loose a few frames than clogg up everybodys net with
duplicated streams
And if it was so important to have a 100% like transmission then still the mayor part of the data (the one thats assuming perfect
transmission) should go through one or more Multicast sockets (1/3/7of11 quality of service kind of distribution for different
bandwidth capabilities)
It appears like a standard that Realmedia (for example) uses extensive buffers to prevent stalls (measured 40 sec. total delay).
That may be what one has to live with for now...
That every client could have an extra socket with the server (or better off peer) to rerequest missed packets is always an option

Also Jodie you missunderstood me (maybe) I am not totally opposed to coding - just that I think that computers do that better, for
that reason when I Programm I try to create rather readable little Java Objects :)

cheers

Tobias