Re: Streaming bttv webcam? How?

"Marco A. Sousa" wrote:

> Jodie Reynolds (jodier333@xxxxxxxx) wrote:
>
> > ffserver in the ffmpeg package does a fine job at sending Real Video, Motion
> > JPEG, h.263, MPEG1, AC/3, MPEG audio layer 2, etc.  It's simply the fastest,
> > most solid video encoder I've _ever_ seen run on any platform, anywhere.
> >
> One thing I found very useful, very cool, is that it can stream in flash (swf)
> thus making very  easy to put a TV/cam in web pages without the need to
> install another  player.

Well, I got ffserver to work, sort of. The swf streaming is a cool idea,
but it seems to only run in 8bit color. Framerates are very low and
processor usage is very high, even if I turn off unneeded formats
(1.1Ghz Athlon, 99% cpu, load average as high as 1.9). I don't
understand why the picture is so blurry if you increase the framerate
above 2. I must have a lot to learn about streaming. At least it works
and is simple to set up. I'd like to see controls to change inputs and
channels of tuner cards. Thank you all for the info.

Chris Kloiber