Re: [V4L] xawtv and cloed captions.

adam@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hello,
> 	I see the xawtv comes with 'cc' program in contrib directory.
> 	it does neat job decoding closed captions. you just run following
> 	in xterminal
>
> 		cc
>
> 	I also see the 'xawtv-remote' command lets me display on-screen
> 	text on bottom of screen incely. for example.
>
> 		 xawtv-remote -d pepsi:0.0 vtx blah blah blah
>
> 	now the question is what would be the right way to integrate those
> 	two so that I can have on screen closed captions, what's
> 	especially usefull for full-screen programs...

The very quick & dirty way is a shell script like this:

	cc | while read line; do xawtv-remote vtx "$line"; done

More comfortable would be putting the code from xawtv-remote into cc
and add a command line option to let xawtv display stuff instead of
writing it to the tty.

Ah, and renaming cc would be a nice idea too, as the name clashes
with the c compiler right now :-)

/me has no NTSC, patches welcome (hint, hint).

  Gerd

--
Protecting the children is a good way to get a lot of adults who cant
stand up for themselves.		-- seen in some sig on /.