Re: [V4L] xawtv and cloed captions.

> The very quick & dirty way is a shell script like this:
>
> 	cc | while read line; do xawtv-remote vtx "$line"; done
>
> More comfortable would be putting the code from xawtv-remote into cc
> and add a command line option to let xawtv display stuff instead of
> writing it to the tty.
>
> Ah, and renaming cc would be a nice idea too, as the name clashes
> with the c compiler right now :-)
>
> /me has no NTSC, patches welcome (hint, hint).

That's a good suggestion for start.

Still there needs be done quite a bit of improvement before it will get
usable.

The biggest problem is that when a new line is shown on screen old one
gets erased so it is easy to lose some text. Ideally bttv should scroll up
old line before putting new one.

Also the text stuff have really cool info like channel name, film name and
remaining time. Ideally those stuff should show up on top of screen.

Now ideally I should make those patches, but considering my workload, I'm
not sure if I get time (unless some really good cable program will come up
:-)

Here's example:

	%  NETWORK: USA EAST G5-19
	%    TITLE: WALKER, TEXAS RANGER