Re: [V4L] PAL-60 bttv/xawtv?

Gerd Knorr wrote:

> The bt878 manual lists PAL-M with 525 lines + 60 Hz (used in Brazil)
> which is basically NTSC timing and PAL color information.  This looks
> fine to me, but I can't test/debug that myself...
>
> > I haven't actually looked intot he code that defines modes, perhaps I
> > should. Is all the timing in the 878 programmable?
>
> Should be possible to make it work I think.  Maybe PAL-M and PAL-60 are
> not 100% the same, that PAL-60 needs something slightly different.  Tried
> if the pll insmod options helps in some way?

I checked it out, and I concur. I tried various options for pll=, and
tried different modes.

NTSC, PAL-M, and PAL-JP all produced a correct picture (PAL-JP a little
stretched horizontally), but in vlack and white. PAL produces a colour
image, but the lack of the correct number of lines seems to mess it up.

The image is correct, but perhaps the field offset is wrong. From a
screen grab in PAL mode, it looks like one of the fields is correct, and
at the bottom of it, you see 100 extra lines. These look like the VBI
data lines from the top of the second field, and some of the image
lines! The rest of the second field appears to wrap up the top into the
correct place for the second field.

I'll put up a png here:  http://dolphin.osoal.org.nz/~sfd/pal-60.png

I guess I should try modifying the PAL mode setup for number of lines
and see if I can get somehting that works. If I do, would you want to
put it into xawtv/bttv, Gerd?

Stephen Donnelly.