Re: [V4L] RDS in /proc/rds? + MiroSound PCMxx

Russell Kroll wrote:
> > Hmm, /dev/rds + read()?  One could easily select() then...
> >
> > Another IMHO useful approach would be a new ioctl for /dev/radio.
>
> The interesting bit here would be establishing how the data is conveyed.
> The Cadet card gives you raw blocks (A-D, or A-E in the case of some
> messaging services) on reads of /dev/radio and then userspace has to parse
> it.  It appears that this other card actually provides sane
> interpretations of the data for you, so it won't work the same way.

Then let the driver provide interpreted data is the only way I can see
to provide a common interface to userspace, althrouth this might become
a dirty job for the cadet driver depending on what needs to be done to
parse the stuff...

  Gerd

--
Protecting the children is a good way to get a lot of adults who cant
stand up for themselves.		-- seen in some sig on /.