Re: Can't detect camera

joe user wrote:

I have two new USB cams: a Creative Labs Webcam PROeX,
and a Creative WebCam NX.  I plug them into my Redhat
9 box, and it does detect that a USB device has been
plugged in, but I can't find out any way to access the
cameras.  Are these totally unsupported?  Does these
work with Redhat?  Or am I just missing something
obvious?
Time to do some surfing and reading.  Here's some places to start:

The PROeX is supported by the pwc/pwcx modules, info at:
http://www.smcc.demon.nl/webcam/
The "NX" is not listed, but probably also uses the same modules.

For the time being (don't know how long) there's a good guide to webcams under Linux at:
http://24.243.44.167/docs/HOWTOS/Webcam/index.html

Ultimately, though, you should also take a look at
to make it easier for people to help you.

No offense meant, it'll just make life easier for all.
-p