Re: Can't detect camera

--- "Paul W. Morehead" <paulm53@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote
> Time to do some surfing and reading.  Here's some
> places to start:

Hello Paul.  I actually have spent most of the day
looking at those sites, and I just can't figure out
why the device isn't detecting.  dmesg shows that it
detects the device is plugged in, but no program that
I can run seems to connect to it.  I am baffled.  Any
ideas on how to do some simple diagnostics to see if
the right module is loading, the correct /dev/video?
is being created, and then some kind of camera display
program links to it?  I have a sneaky feeling that all
this stuff would work much better under SuSE, but I'm
stuck on RH for now.